Saturday, October 13, 2007

Penang Hill Hike

So it all started with me "I'm not going.. Sorry... Don't want to find excuse not to study... Exam.."
Then... *phone vibrates*
" u going hiking tmw?--ck"
hmmmmm... ok... uh oh..
so after a while of sms-ing, we decided that he will tell me if he is going then I'll go if he does.. but because I was lazy of waiting, i assumed he would go. But after informing Steven that I WILL go, *ahem* ck said he won't go because he will have other "functions"---(sleeping) haha.. thus, begining our sob story for today.

ME climbing up Penang Hill, THANK GOD with 18 other FRONTLINERS!! (guys i seriously thank God you were there. would have died without you guys!)


After having a restless night, waking up and sleeping and waking up and sleeping and waking up and sleeping again and again, I seriously wanted to take my mum's offer on not going since it WILL be Slippery... After snoozing my alarm clock again, i just HAVE to get up. (get up you lazy bum!)
heavenly shower woke me up as i stood under the refreshing shower*emergency brakes* *pause* *fast forward*

okay... so there i was in the car sending my first sms of the day.. to someone i know who would still be asleep but whatever... =P and after mum bought me breakfast, we were heading out via Kampung Melayu route when -viola!- a familiar orange shirt caught my attention! Adriel Ng and his bro, Isaac were at the bus stop with my teddy bear! haha! (urm... ohh... sorry.. got caught up with typing..)

so we called them over and they hitched a ride with us(me and my mum) and they said they were waiting for Pastor Tom who never showed. So i called Ps. Tom up and then we found out he didn't know he was suppose to fetch them. Oops..
So we waited for everyone to show, then took the vans to the place where would be our starting point. No one warmed up. aiks. and so we walked upwards like 30-45 degrees slanting upwards.. torturing.

People like me, who has never hiked for years since a tragic situation which included the death of someone, do not have the stamina to climb it. My heart rate increased its acceleration way up to the feeling of an inconsiderate driver who has his car music with disco beat on full blast. Yep. and that wasn't because i was holding on to Daniel's hand as i teased him just now. =P Daniel was great, helping me up, pushing(and pulling) me when i was about to give up, literally. he felt my pulse, and he was really shocked. Steven was such a slave driver in the beginning that we all nearly died. At least I did. The others really pushed themselves to their limit, of course i did too with my lazy bum who don't do exercise. So it was a big GOOD change when Ps. Tom asked Steven to take the lead while he watches at the end of the line.

but then after our 20 minute rest with the weird interesting looking smiley mickey mouse look alike moss growing on the rock,

that was some good rest, not for everyone, but i paced up of course, with my motivation factor singing and dancing in the freedom we know! we're gonna dance dance dance! haha. and handphone pop-ed up actually even before our rest stop.

I must say, the best parts about the hike was going downhill or on a nice flat land after going on those oh-so-slanting surfaces which kills you softly by the step where the only motivation to move is getting to your goal and the end of the road! haha! we reached this part where no one knew where to go because it was like a crossroad except with no way else to go. Steven came to the front and then we realised we were suppose to climb up on the seriously slant surface holding on to the rope one at a time.

we had to do it on our own because it was not stable enough to hold to people. my cap dropped so i turned n almost slipped when i looked back. I am so not a person who LURRRVE heights. i was really horrified!! it was like *jack and jill when up the hill to fetch a pail of water...* the rope was the only thing that is keeping you from rolling down that slope. like OMG!!(white chicks)

i so appreciate the rest stops. love them. ohh and staircases, they kill. got my heart rate up again. it still makes me wonder how come when climbing with the rope was not that tiring, walking up those cemented staircases are.. and we do that like everyday... hmm...
ohh... and water's the BOMB!! like you will love it even more because of that hike! haha!
so we continued singing and siao-ing the whole time. at one of the rest stops, starts with a "C" can't remember the name, we waited for the train to come up then waved at the people in there.
the end of the hike was cool. its like we did not expect the journey to end, but it just did like *snaps finger*

so... canopy walk and cafeteria! which would you choose after 3 hours plus being in the "jungle". simple answer, we all went to the cafeteria of course! like DUH.... =D
so since everyone ordered lunch except for Joshua, Daniel and i, we went to buy tickets instead. after walking to and fro because Digi said "your service is temporarily unavailable, please try again 3 hours later." hahah!!

conclusion, injuries during the hike, none, before, got a cut pushing the church toilet door open for suzanne. haha. 19 of us are really insane. 19 was the number of people who went. and surprisingly, i made it! woohoo! haha.
so, got 3 new friends, Abigail and Clement... i think... i really don't know the other girl's name.. hmm... someone... help?? anyone?? hello??

and ohh yea.... someone remind me again why i went hiking?? it was fun, yea... but, i prefer the end, not the 30-45 degree surface!


p/s: Daniel is my best friend.
p.p.s: i just wrote that so no one will kill him. haha.

yea rite Dan. no one will kill u 1 k... my best friend helping me is not a crime, is it? LOL

No comments: